Friday, April 24, 2009

Hello And Welcome

Welcome to my new blog site, Thong Wearing Democrat. Why did I call this blog 'Thong Wearing Democrat'?

Because I wear a thong and I am a democrat. I got the idea to start a blog after attending an event held by the group behind DailyKos, a popular progressive website. It took me a while to figure out how to incorperate my political beliefs. So I drew back on past experience when I used to live in Orlando, Florida. In 2002, the city of Daytona Beach had begun enacting laws on thongs that were ridiculous! I made a stink on the Yahoo Groups List I was running and the responses were fast and furious. The compromise, which leaned in favor of the old fogies, required that measurements were taken of your backside to see if your thong or bikini met their requirements for proper swimwear. If it didn't, then you paid a fine. Well that began a political war that had some innovative and progressive residents of Daytona Beach rise up and challenge the Mayor and council. Sad to say, me and a my friend moved back to Texas before we could find out if the challengers succeeded in their efforts.

Then after a few more years of dealing with Bush, the ecomomy, rising gas and food prices, I felt enough was enough and it had to get better. I started reading DailyKos after the 2004 election and was even more uplifted during the 2006 when the Democratic Party turned the tide. Things were slowly getting better and we called on every deity for help in 2008. And that got us a new President and better timees are hopefully coming despite the whiney butt Republicans doing everything to sabotage things. Ifelt I could stay silent no longer and created this blog site which will be a great addition to my thong website Thongs 4 U.

This new blog site is where I will inform intelligent thong wearing men and women about thongs and other forms of microwear. I will also talk about things that matter to all of us like health care, fitness, sports, politics, life, and travel. This is all going to be on the liberal/progressive ideology and I welcome all to read and comment.

Again, welcome and enjoy. And always, Stay Thonged

No comments: